A well-funded and growing cloud security vendor is looking to continue building their technical sales team with the addition of a Senior Sales Engineer in the San Francisco Bay Area. The focus of this position with be the West Coast, with a heavy presence in SF proper. You will be supporting at least two sales reps in the territory and will have access to a solid pipeline of active business.
Other Essential Skills and Requirements
- Experience serving in a technical sales or sales engineering role, preferrably within cloud computing/security
- Detailed technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure and tools such as; AWS, Terraform and Ansible.
- Previous DevOps/DevSecOps experience
- Experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems and vulnerability scanning tools.
- Experience in and understanding of cloud deployments - especially as it relates to security and compliance requirements.
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures, Micro-services, Containerization of services) and of network/web related protocols. This includes very basics of web like using REST protocol, using JSON data format.
- Masters/Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related field (in lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent from Azure or GCP
- Familiarity with cloud architecture security tools and best practices
- Experience with microservices architecture and docker containers
- Familiarity with client side MVC frameworks, preferably React.js
- Versant in OWASP standards and applying its tenets across the entire application stack