Ready to take the next step in your career and take over a team of 8 highly motivated data people? Join this innovative and successful company that was founded over 10 years ago in Berlin by two tech enthusiasts with tons of experience in FinTech, E-commerce, AdTech, Big Data and AI. Work alongside the CTO and be part of developing the world's most advanced artificial intelligence-powered user targeting technology.
- During on-boarding you will work closely with the CTO to manage this data engineering team of 8 to build a big data solution to process hundreds of Terabytes a day.
- After on-boarding you will be responsible for the success of the team in constructing a framework which allows access to dynamic multi-dimensional data-sets in a sub-second.
- You will work closely with the data science team and deliver outputs at scale.
- Depending on your interests and vision for the team, you will be also working hands-on.
- 6+ years of relevant practical experience in data engineering.
- 1+ years of experience in leading a team of minimum 3 people.
- Exceptional command of Core Java and/or Scala, especially in concurrency and multi-threaded programming.
- High proficiency with big data solutions, especially Spark. Ideally also knowledge of large messaging infrastructure like Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Strong know-how of NoSQL and SQL data bases and capable of crafting queries.
- Fluent English language skills.
What my client company has to offer:
- The opportunity to work in a super international company in the heart of Berlin.
- Experienced team of 27 tech people.
- A competitive compensation up to 100.000 €
- Support for training and personal development.
- Tons of free fruits, snacks and drinks.
- Gain your knowledge in using Java/Scala and Spark for Users Classification, Yield Optimization, Personalisation, MarketPlace, Bidder (RTB) as well as Machine Learning (incl. Game Theory, Bayesian inference, Causal Impact).
- Become an expert in Python, GoLang, Kafka, Druid, ClickHouse, Elastic Search, Redis, Spray, AKKA, AngularJS, Vert.x, Spring, AirFlow, Luigi, Saltstack, Kubernetes (K8S), Docker, AWS (Redshift, DynamoDB, Cloudfromation, RDS, Route 53).
To learn more about this opportunity, please reach out to Nathalie Zetzmann with your CV.