JACKSONVILLE | TAMPA | NYC | ST. LOUIS | DALLAS | SIOUX FALLS
Work Type: Hybrid
Glocomms is partnered with a tier-1 global financial institution looking to bring on a seasoned AppSec professional to join a brand-new team as VP or SVP in one of their primary offices. This position has high impact potential and should serve as an advocate for a "security-first" culture within the greater organization.
- Spearhead a comprehensive application security roadmap, working closely with security, devops, and IT architecture teams to ensure efficient implementation
- Evaluate application security controls and make recommendations for improvements in alignment with standard architecture and InfoSec frameworks (ie. NIST, ISO)
- Analyze security posture and identify gaps in existing programming, overseeing appropriate remediation efforts
- Serve as an advocate for a strong security culture within technology teams and the larger organization; stay abreast of industry developments and present findings to internal teams and external industry stakeholders
- Mentor junior members of the application security team
- Minimum 6+ years in related security role, previous architecture and/or security strategy experience preferred
- Subject Matter Expertise in application security and the development of a secure CI/CD pipeline. Prior experience spearheading "shift-left" initiatives a plus
- Hands-on experience with ethical hacking or vulnerability assessment tools including scanners, fuzzers, debuggers, Web App pentesting
- Working familiarity with broader cybersecurity areas including network security, cloud security, perimeter security, etc.
- Strong understanding of relevant security frameworks (NIST, ISO)
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field preferred, relevant certifications a plus (CISSP, CEH, etc.)
This is an actively hiring role with a high potential for internal growth and career development. Interested applicants must be willing to work on-site in one of the primary locations listed above 2-3 days per week and must show proof of vaccination or acceptable exemption as per company policy.
Unfortunately this employer is unable to offer sponsorship at this time.