Our client is a mobile payments and commerce platform with over 500 million and over 17 million merchant's users offering the most transparent, secure, and personalized consumer experience. They have huge teams in India and Japan, but they're growing their North American presence with the teams in Canada including Montreal and Toronto.
They're seeking Software Engineers to design, develop and improve software for their global payments system needs high scalability, reliability and availability.
Tech stack includes Java, Scala and Go with Java being widely utilized. There is huge opportunity to be part of a small team that grows with you and you're part of that growth.
Ideally looking for someone who is a learner at heart and passionate about problem solving. A true creative thinker that has a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Build back-end systems supporting the growth market, fraud prevention, advertisement, lending and etc.
- Understand concurrency, distributed computing, messaging, and algorithm, and know the trade-offs between frequent delivery and technologies.
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible.
- Adopt problem solving as a way of life - always go to root cause!
- Strong fundamentals in data structure, algorithm, and object-oriented programming.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 3+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Scala or Go.
- Implement platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
- NoSQL experience.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Contribute to open source projects.