(SOC) Security Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
Compensation: $110,000 - $160,000 base (commensurate with experience)
A prestigious Quant-Trading Firm that is looking to bring on a Security Engineer to handle the SOC responsibilities.
- Handling incident response for security alerts generated from various sources (IPS, Web Security, Endpoint Protection, Event Logs)
- Analyzing and responding to global security events
- Performing SIEM product administration for event correlation and detection
- Performing SOAR playbook management and product administration
- Performing periodic vulnerability scans and associated remediation
- Reverse engineering Malware and identifying Indicators of Compromise (IoC)
- Driving automated detection, response and configuration through various scripting and programming languages.
- Evaluating commercial and open-source tools
- Attending security conferences, seminars and regular training to stay ahead of the ever-changing security landscape.
- Assessing security risks as they relate to new projects and initiatives
- Collaborating with internal InfoSec peers to continuously improve security posture
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security or any related degrees.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Windows, MacOs, and Linux OS
- Understanding of core networking concepts
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (plus!!)
- Experience with SIEM products
- Experience with data analysis of even data in security related sources such as IPS, Web Security, Endpoint Protection, Event Logs
- Experience with Python, Ruby, or Perl