A leader in the cancer research space is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build highly scalable systems and robust data pipelines. Their software platform helps physicians manage complex patient treatments in cancer centers. They are a Series D start-up with $325M in funding based in NYC! They operate in a HYBRID model and are also open to REMOTE candidates.
- Write concise, well structured code that drives new features and improvements for all products.
- Solve technical problems efficiently.
- Design and implement Backend components such as services, data stores, infrastructure, and deployment tools.
- Effectively communicate with oncologists, product leaders, and data experts to improve product.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve best outcome.
- 5+ years of experience in the Software Engineering space.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in computer science or related field.
- You have a background in a variety of Object Oriented Programming languages including Python, C++, Java, C#, or Golang.
- You are passionate about wanting to help people and improve health care through technology.
- You have a good understanding of different data storage technologies including PostgresSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, HDFS, Hadoop, NoSQL, RedShift, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible PTO.
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent).
- Continuous learning opportunities through Flatiron University which includes curriculum about presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages, and more.
- Career Coaching opportunities.
- Back-up child care.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage employees to share unique experiences and perspectives.