Lead Virtualization Engineer - Real Estate Company - California
Are you an experienced and innovative virtualization engineer? Do you have extensive experience working with technology platforms, specifically within the real estate sector? Our client is seeking a talented individual who can lead their virtualization efforts as they continue to expand across California.
As our new Lead Virtualization Engineer, your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Designing and implementing cloud-based systems for large-scale applications
- Developing strategies for optimizing system performance while ensuring high availability of all services
- Managing infrastructure resources by using automation tools like Ansible or Puppet.
- Collaborating closely with other teams including software engineers and DevOps professionals
- to design highly scalable solutions that meet business requirements
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and skills. However, these are not exhaustive; we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds!
- Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited, not for profit university or college (preferably in Computer Science or related field)
- A track record of commitment to prior employers
- 8+ years of VMware data center experience
- 4+ years working with enterprise Storage Area Networking and fabrics.
- 4+ years working with Cisco UCS
- 4+ years writing PowerShell or Python scripts from scratch
- Several years demonstrated experience automating complex tasks using tools such as PowerShell, PowerCLI, UCS PowerTools, Posh-SSH, Git, Python, Chef, or Puppet. Experience working with REST APIs is a plus.
- Experience with large-scale virtualization (1000-5000+ VM) environments using technologies such as VMware vCenter, vSAN, vROps, vRealize Orchestrator, vLog Insight and PowerCli.
- Storage area network (SAN) experience supporting multiple arrays (Pure Storage, HP 3PAR, EMC Isilon, HP MSA). Fibre Channel and iSCSI. Automates SAN operations such as LUN (de)provisioning and snapshot management
- Experience managing Cisco UCS platform (Fabric Interconnects, Layer-2, Chassis, Blades,
- Dell | EMC Isilon or NetApp FAS
- Strong Windows server experience as it relates to storage provisioning and Microsoft Clustering
- Monitoring tools such as PRTG, LogicMonitor, vLog Insight, vRops, Azure Log Analytics
If you are interested in this opportunity as a lead Virtualization Engineer, then don't hesitate to apply or contact me, Grant Whelply, at 646-222-2580.