Information Security Analyst
Location: Washington DC - Hybrid (2 days on-site)
Salary: $100,000 - $115,000
Glocomms are partnered with a financial securities board based out of Washington DC in the search for an Information Security Analyst with Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) experience to join the security team focusing on improving security systems, policies, procedures, system compliance, vulnerability management, and detection engineering. This is a position for a Junior Security Analyst looking to progress in their career within the Information Security space.
See responsibilities below:
- Develop and maintain Information Security tools.
- Creates, implements, manages, documents, and reports on security requirements and standards for the organization's network, server, and desktop infrastructure.
- Monitors cybersecurity intelligence from a range of sources, including SecureWorks, FS-ISAC, AWS, equipment vendors, the dark web, security feeds, and blogs, among others.
- Work with AWS Security Hub, AWS Network Application Firewalls, Tenable Nessus scanners, Splunk, Tripwire, and Office365 Security Center, among other products.
- Create Python and JSON scripts to aid in security process automation.
- Follow the Lead Security Architect's directions to adjust the organization's cybersecurity tools and settings.
- Sets up and monitors regular email phishing tests.
- Assists with responding to internal and external security audits.
- Assists team with analyzing potential security breaches to determine their root cause.
- Reviews and maintains corporate security policies.
See required experience below:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related studies.
- 3-5 years' experience in an IT Support role, maintaining computer hardware/network support.
- Knowledge of malware analysis technologies and standard processes, as well as common Malware Tools.
- Experience working with Windows 10 and Windows 2012/2016 server operating systems.
- Must have experience working with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience supporting remote users.
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management best practices.
This is an exciting opportunity for a junior professional looking to take a step forward in their career within the Information Security space, or for an IT professional looking to get into Information Security. If you feel you are the right fit for this position, please apply and Akash Solankee from the Glocomms Cybersecurity recruitment team will reach out to you directly.