Title: Head of Application Security
Salary: Up to $275,000 + base + benefits
Location: Remote (with preference to EST).
Currently partnering with a global retail company looking to bring on a Head of Application Security playing a crucial role in protecting the critical assets of the company. You will oversee the security engineering, infrastructure, and software development teams and be reporting directly to the CISO. This is an exciting opportunity to guide the transformation as an executive leader within the technology organization.
- Spearheading and overseeing the design and implementation of security controls within the cloud environment (AWS).
- Developing an application security strategy that best aligns with the the business goals and security standards
- Leading code reviews and threat modeling
- Perform code/architectural reviews and threat modeling in accordance with application security best practices.
- Align with various department heads (Engineering, Legal, Product, etc.) to ensure compliance is to industry standard from IT standpoint.
- Ability to grow and lead a diverse team of engineers as well as mentor by example for more junior members
- At least 7+ years experience in security engineering OR software security position with minimum of 3+ years in growing out own team.
- Expertise in code reviews, architecture design, and threat modeling
- Bachelor's required, preference to Master's or PhD
- Strong experience in at least 2 of the following cloud platforms: AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Python experience (preferred) other languages are accepted as well.