Glocomms has partnered with a leading Fortune500 e-Commerce company in the search for bright and experienced game designers, to join their team and work on synthetic data generation within a cutting-edge game engine. The aim of this team is to leverage game engines to render photo-realistic imagery data (images, videos, PCD's), supported by real world data, to boost the performance of our Deep Neural Network models, specifically within Computer Vision. This is a cutting-edge technology: see Datagen (https://datagen.tech/fully-simulated-training-data-how-were-using-synthetic-expo-markers-to-train-a-network/) for example.
- Build and maintain game worlds and simulation data using Unity & Unreal Engine
- Implementation of 3D assets, Lighting, Shaders and Textures into optimized scenes within an AR/VR setting which will be utilized for realistic 3D simulations
- 3D modeling and texturing for non-character assets including realistic 3D environments which will be utilized directly in the training of the programs
- Working to optimize real-time and offline rendering pipeline solutions as the engine is used, taking steps to mitigate the bugs and improve the efficiency of the simulations
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams including the Deep Learning and Leadership teams in order to lead the project forward and make impactful business decisions
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in game development and/or design
- Experience in game engines such as Unity, Unreal, Nvidia Omniverse or alike
- Artistic skills, and experience in 3D models generations.
- Experience in C#, Python or C++
- Extensive experience with current graphics / rendering technology
- Previous experience with synthetic data
- Interest and/or knowledge in Computer Vision and Deep Learning
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience in real-time 3D graphical simulation or rendering, and modern GPU programming (CUDA/OpenGL/OpenCL) or shader programming, and with physics engines such as Havok and PhysX
- Familiar with supporting tools, such as exporters, terrain editors, and pipeline tools
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs (OpenGL) and shader languages
- Experience researching, developing, and optimizing CPU and GPU rendering techniques
- Competitive compensation package
- Multiple Health, Dental and Vision plans at different levels
- 401(k) match, PTO
- Hybrid work schedule from Seattle WA, Bentonville AR, Sunnyvale CA or New York City
- Growth potential - joining this team towards the start of the project within a well-established company!