One of the fastest-growing and most innovative Media & Entertainment firms in NYC is looking to bring on a Director of Data to guide and scale the best practices of data science and engineering, leading efforts to deliver data-driven business insights as they continue their rapid growth into the next year and beyond!
As one of the senior leaders within data for this organisation, you will be tasked with setting up the vision for the group as well as helping to identify key areas for the organization to grow to the Product roadmap and optimize the large consumer-centric datasets using AI & ML solutions. The growth of this team is paramount, and they need someone who will be able to get their hands dirty once in a while as well!
In this role you will…
- Scale out a close, high-value team of Data Scientists and Engineers who provide a glue between senior leadership and engineering teams.
- Create data science roadmap for senior leaders and cross functional teams in problem framing and conception of ideas to develop consensus and execute on the machine learning use cases.
- Lead and build machine learning models through all phases of development from design, testing, data gathering, training, evaluation, validation, governance, and implementation.
- Utilize KPI's to facilitate monthly and quarterly business performance review sessions.
- Measure results of your team's analytics insights into recommendations that are clearly linked to the organization's strategy and goals.
- Use your knowledge of the media technology landscape to implement engineering best practices into the business to drive forward strategy
- A master's degree or PhD in Data Science/Ai/Machine Learning/Computer Science/Statistics/Mathematics or relevant analytics field with 6+ years of Data Science experience.
- At least 2+ years of managerial experience within relevant areas.
- Hands-on experience building out analytics and machine learning models for for open source programming languages such as Python for large scale data platforms.
- Been able to research and learn completely new technologies on the job such as dashboarding tools.
- An understanding of the technology media landscape, with experience in either the film, movie, games, social media, another related industry.