Senior Software Engineer (Platform Engineering) - Cloud IoT Leader (Remote)
An innovative IoT solutions leader has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join their Platform Engineering team. This firm creates IoT and cloud-based printing, imaging, and analytics systems that are used by a wide range of businesses and industries. They are known for their innovation, collaborative teams, commitment to their customer goals, and building the next generation of IoT imaging systems.
The Platform Engineering Team
This team is responsible for building and supporting their award-winning cloud platform, which is the primary system that allows them to build and deliver their next gen features. Specifically, their new cloud-hosted customer offerings in analytics, workflow, and automation. These new features have been very well received by customers because they help streamline the management, functionality, and usability of complex networks of IoT devices.
Within the Platform Engineering team, this role will be responsible for developing modern CI/CD pipelines, and developer and infrastructure tools with a cutting-edge tech stack. This role will collaborate closely with development teams to proactively anticipate and solve their engineering pain points, increase the overall velocity of development, and make their applications more maintainable and scalable.
- Design and build platform/infrastructure/developer tools using modern best practices
- Work closely with Development teams to enhance CI/CD pipelines, improve the speed and quality of releases, and reduce friction for large-scale deployments
- Modernize and make more efficient monitoring and application support
- Automating and enhancing the responsiveness and elasticity of their cloud platform as workload requirements evolve
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented programming with Python, Java, or Go
- 3+ years of experience with modern IaC tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS or Azure
- 3+ years of experience with container/orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience in Linux based development or administration
- Extremely competitive employee benefits program, 401K, and compensation package
- One of the best-rated work cultures and work/life balances in the business
- Casual dress, collaborative teams, and remote flexibility