A leading Aerospace and Defense consulting firm is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to create solutions by working directly with their Navy client in Arlington, Virginia.
Responsibilities of the Security Engineer:
- Document all configuration changes as well as software and hardware versions using the appropriate office documentation processes.
- Coordinate work with the client to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's IT needs and future goals into a plan.
- Lead your team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions.
- Design and build secure systems for the Department of Defense.
Qualifications of the Security Engineer:
- 15+ years of experience with cybersecurity.
- TS/SCI clearance
- Experience in information or cybersecurity solution engineering with security tools and devices, including network firewalls, web proxy, intrusion prevention system, vulnerability scanner, penetration testing tools, and log review and analysis.
- Experience with implementing enterprise endpoint detection and response security, including McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, McAfee Endpoint Security (ENS), DoD Host Based Security System (HBSS), or DoD Endpoint Security Solutions (ESS)
- Experience with Nessus Vulnerability Scanner implementation, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and Firewalls, including Palo Alto NGFW.
- Experience with SIEM technologies, including SolarWinds and Splunk, and SOAR and User Activity Management architecture.
- Knowledge of Federal compliance standards, including NIST 800-53, FIPS, FedRAMP, Security Technical Implementation Guides and the latest information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs), Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE), and implementing appropriate mitigations.
If you are interested, please apply in directly!