Middleware Engineer Opportunity - Active MQ and Java focused
I have partenred up with one of the largest business consultancies worldwide, who are urgently looking for a Senior Middleware Engineer to join their team. This is a REMOTE position, however if you are able to go onsite 2 to 3 times a month in Luxembourg then this is a big plus.
Project: You will take responsibilities in a broad range of architecture, infrastructure and information security engineering activities, covering the entire IT landscape. As such, you will be a key member of the working group in charge of designing, delivering for, and supporting those areas.
Please note: 5+ years experience with ActiveMQ / AMQ and Java is required.
- Designing, developing and delivering Web server, Application Server and other middleware infrastructures (RedHat JBoss A-MQ, Redis, Kafka…) You will target both on-premise and public Cloud deployments, using IaaS and PaaS models
- Working in autonomy and acting as lead for the projects assigned to you; coordinating the work of a small team when required
- Designing the architecture and delivering the Cloud infrastructure resources required to support the migration of on-premise applications to Microsoft Azure, taking into account the Information Security constraints applicable to critical Internet-facing applications
- Analyzing and documenting the Information Security aspects of those applications; performing the Information Security risk assessments
- Assessing new infrastructure solutions and innovative technologies
- Maintaining and developing Java/JavaEE integration components such as security modules and Resource Adapters, including their documentation and test suites
- Maintaining and developing the related automation frameworks, scripts and DevOps connectors, including their documentation
MUST have experience:
- Master's Degree (or equivalent) in computer science
- Hands-on experience in configuring, deploying, operating and supporting a Web application infrastructure including an Apache httpd Web server and a Java application server on Linux.
- Knowledge of the challenges posed by multi-tier Web infrastructures, especially in the areas of high-availability, security, Web servicing and transaction management
- Ability to take, justify and challenge technical architecture decisions
- Experience in application security design and vulnerability assessment, especially for Web Internet facing applications.
- Practical knowledge of TLS (PKI), including its configuration in middleware software; practical knowledge of certificate/key deployment
- Ability to structure and document architecture and security concepts; very good English technical writing skills
As mentioned, this is an urgent position so if your skills align with this fantastic opportunity please apply and I will get in touch.