Title: Manager, Cyber Defense
Location: Chicago (Hybrid)
Compensation: $150,000 - $170,000 base + bonus
Glocomms are partnered with a leading Financial Services firm in the search for a Manager of Cyber Defense to lead a small team of security professionals in the investigation and evaluation of enterprise risks, security vulnerabilities, and implement new robust and effective ways to counter cyber threats.
- Manage security tools, such as hosted systems, appliances, and SaaS, and conduct regular health checks, version updates, and content creation.
- Analyse and improve metrics used to measure effectiveness and capabilities of security tools.
- Take the initiative to perform upgrades, introduce new technologies, and identify enhancements throughout the systems lifecycle.
- Lead in response actions such as investigation, coordination, review, and reporting, among other things.
- Manage the technical analysis of security events while coordinating the actions of the incident response team with both internal and external teams.
- Ensure that data collection and preservation related to cyber security incident response operations are carried out in accordance with industry best practises and established protocols.
- Support employee growth by managing career progression planning meetings with staff and arranging employee training courses, conferences, and seminars.
- 5+ years of experience in InfoSec/SecOps within Financial Services, with 2+ years of managerial experience.
- Hands-on experience with Incident Response, Threat Analysis, Digital Computer Forensics, Automation Scripting Languages, Cryptographic Controls, AppSec, Operating System Security.
- SIEM, Crowdstrike, Malware Analysis (Static and Dynamic), Forensic Analysis (EnCase, Axiom, FTK).
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention tools (Sourcefire/SNORT).
- WireShark, DSS, tcpdump, and Ethereal for packet tracing and network sniffing.
- PKI, PGP, and X.509 encryption tools.
- IAM, SSO, AD, LDAP, NTFS.
- NIST CSF and other relevant risk management frameworks.