Strategic Account Manager - Industrial Automation/ First Sales Person on the ground
With plans to triple in size in the next three years - my client who operates in the Industrial IoT space is currently looking for a Strategic Account Manager to take ownership of the UKI territory and help drive growth in the region.
My client offers industrial automation solution via embedded software - for all industrial verticals, including but not limited to Oil & Gas, Automotive, F&B, Transportation, Factory Automation.
You will collaborate with my client's wide network of channel partners and also create business opportunities directly with OEMs or integrators.
The initial focus will be on developing effective and informed connections with recognised channel partners in the area and figuring out the best ways to sell to and via these distributors. The network of current distributors and system integrators must be taken over, and the best sales strategy should be identified in the first 90 days.
You will be expected to continue driving new opportunities and growing the market space. Together with focal channel partners and system integrators, the job will entail territory planning and plan implementation. After a promising initial period of one to two years, the SAM's role will be expanded to a Sales Manager position that includes the current and more European areas.
- Meet and exceed area revenue targets and strategic focus objectives.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan designed to exceed growth targets and achieve my client's strategic objectives.
- Optimize channel options with Distributors and SI's to best suit market
- Manage and roll out of Tier Channel Partner program with defined Elite, Executive and Encore partners
- Engage Field Application Engineers in territory plan to drive growth and maximize customer
- Promote new products and technologies to the partners with the help of marketing
- First level manager of the customer and distributor relationship.
- Understands competitive positioning and provides regular feedback to sales and marketing
- Team player who consistently is striving to maximize success both within and beyond the assigned territory.
What are we looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, marketing, or comparable.
- 5+ year's sales experience in industrial solutions or technical sales.
- Product sales experience in the industrial / factory / IoT automation industry
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level
- Proficiency with English language both written and verbal communication.
- Technical knowledge in automation & software technologies, IT networking architectures
- Direct selling or Business Development experience to SI's and accounts in the industrial / factory / IoT automation industry
- Experience managing distribution channel partners, and growing revenue through channel partners in the industrial / factory / IoT automation industry
- Project and Management experience
- Knowledge with partner programs
- International professional experiences with more European countries
What this opportunity can offer you
- Upwards of 110K OTE + car plan
- Progression into Sales Manager in 1 - 2 years
- First-mover advantage - full ownership of UKI region
- Opportunity to leverage strong existing relationships
- Remote home office role with travel opportunity (20 - 25%)
If this is of interest, please apply directly or reach out to Christy Ip on 020 3873 2535 for more information. Client is conducting interviews immediately