Senior Staff Security Research Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA or Seattle, WA
Compensation: $220,000 - $255,000 Base + Bonus + RSU
Work Environment: Hybrid (On-site + Remote, flexible hours)
Exciting opportunity to join a pioneer in the autonomous electric vehicle firm in their Security Research team that is responsible for designing and architecting Digital Systems security mechanisms for the future of fully autonomous driving vehicles and working among some of the most cutting-edge technology.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work in one of the most advanced research labs in the automotive industry to build out an entirely new and groundbreaking OS system for autonomous vehicles.
- Research and design next-generation security solutions across systems software, frameworks, and tools related to Central Compute for the Automotive Platform.
- Perform R&D into Proof of Concept, designing next-generation Central Compute advancing Systems Software Platform and Vehicles into greater autonomy.
- Contribute to security design of scalable software platform (including vehicle operating system, hardware abstraction, middleware) for intelligent vehicles.
- Research the frontier security issues in the current vehicle digital system, including building a trusted execution environment, hardening systems, and applications, and proposing new security designs built upon new hardware features.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or any other related discipline
- 6+ years of Security Research experience including: Research, Design of security solutions related to complex systems and platforms.
- Strong systems thinker with a deep understanding of the security mechanism, such as IDS/IPS, syscall monitoring, etc.
- Experience with TEEs (such as TrustZone), automotive electronics, and microcontrollers, and have relevant security research experience
Nice to haves:
- Lower-Level Stack (kernel hardening)
- Have experience working on embedded device!