A game-changing Network security vendor is seeking an experienced Senior Sales Engineer with strong technical aptitude and a desire to be in a highly involved hands-on role. The Senior Sales Engineer must be self-motivated and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of an agile technical security organization and will need to maintain a creative and adaptive approach with the ability to close opportunities in accordance with the Sales team. This is a remote-based position.
- Deliver POCs or pilots within customer accounts and understand and design solutions for large enterprise organizations
- Hands-on expertise in design, migration, configuration and deployment of firewall, web security, mobile access and email security solutions
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to sales teams, business stakeholders and technical audience
- Minimum 5+ year's experience in pre-sales/consultancy role
- CISSP or equivalent industry certification is a plus
- Experience with networking technologies and protocols, NAT, stateful firewall, IDS/IPS, web and content filtering, proxies, VPN and encryption (IPsec/SSL), PKI and key management, 802.11/WLAN, Syslog, Netflow/IPFIX, Active Directory and LDAP, virtualization platforms to include VMware, Hyper-V and Openstack
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Solution and Forensic Analysis experience a plus.
- First-hand knowledge of security related products and technologies (e.g. IDS/IPS, SIEM/Log Management, Firewalls, etc.)
- Extensive experience installing/working with various platforms; Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, etc