Senior Java Developer : Negotiable Salary :
Our client is a fintech company with focus on financial clearing and settlement services for the US financial markets. They play a critical role in the efficient functioning of US Capital Markets, and develop solutions to help it's clients secure and shape the future growth & development of their global financial marketplace.
- Develop applications in compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Follow design and code standards, chipping into continuous improvement discussions
- Contribute to the design of components or individual programs
- Create and maintain system documentation as needed
- Align risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Provide production support for applications as needed for the team
- Work with authorities reviewing technical designs and specifications
- Apply different software development methodologies according to project needs
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- 5+ years of professional backend experience in a company/production setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Programming Language Experience: Java/J2EE, Python
- Web Framework Experience: Spring MVC/REST, Spring Boot, or any MVC J2EE Framework
- ORM Framework Experience: JPA, Hibernate, and/or myBatis
- 3 - 4 years of software development experience in designing, implementing large, complex, distributed OLTP systems
- 2+ years of experience with Tomcat or other Application servers
- Knowledge of relational databases including Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of client/server and object-oriented software development applying
- Proficiency in various phases of the system development life cycle including project planning, analysis, design, programming, and unit-testing.
- Experience in software development using CI/CD tools
- Familiarity with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
Bonus Points If You…
- Know the latest on changes in their own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up to date.
- Communicate and collaborate openly with team members and others.
- Resolve disagreements between colleagues effectively, minimizing the impact on the wider team.
- Work with the team to review deliverables and ensure quality and accuracy.
- Adhere to established rules and procedures when performing work.
- Mentoring programs
- Vision, Medical, Dental Insurance plans
- 25+ PTO days annually
- 401(K) Match
- Annual bonus potential
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible hours & priority on work/life balance
- Join a smaller team within a large, stable company
- Join in a HYBRID setting in either Tampa, FL, OR Dallas, TX
If this position interests you, please don't wait to apply!
**This company is currently unable to sponsor work visas**