I am currently working with a leading private aggregator in the insurance industry on filling a Senior IT Security Engineer position. My client is looking for an experienced individual with strong technical skills across a wide range of security technologies with leadership aspirations. This is a opportunity to work on a small team and have a key impact on the enterprise security posture.
This is a hybrid position located in NYC or Boston. Remote work can be an option but on a case by case basis.
Compensation is dependent on candidate experience and geographic location.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders of business initiatives to create comprehensive security strategies, risk reduction, and implementation guidelines.
- Assist in the development of key reporting metrics and executive presentations to drive awareness and support of compliance programs.
- Participate and potentially lead projects that evaluate new and emerging technologies and/or services; this includes performing industry research to determine available products / services, spearheading proof-of-concept evaluations, and making recommendations to management about worthwhile security investments.
- Maintains a strong awareness of the current threat landscape by conducting research on emerging security threats and evaluate risks.
- Understand, prioritize, and oversee remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Define and manage programs to evaluate & remediate application security risks.This includes management of Web Application Firewalls, prioritizing remediation for known application vulnerabilities, and assist application teams to ensure applications are in compliance with security policy.
- Articulates security issues, analysis, and remediation strategies to peers, leadership, and across business lines.
- Assists with the development of information security policies, standards, protocols, and recommendations.
- 401K match at 6%
- 24 days of PTO
- Flexible Hybrid work environment
- Opportunity to work on a small team and bring you own ideas to the table.