Senior Information Security Engineer
Location: Montreal, Canada (Hybrid)
Salary: Competitive base + bonus
Glocomms are partnered with an international globally leading high-frequency trading and investment firm with a security-first mindset in the search for an experienced Senior Information Security Engineer to join a highly technical team of Security Engineers and Analysts, focusing on preventing cyber intrusions and attacks whilst identifying opportunities to further develop the existing security posture.
- Identify security exposure by developing/Implementing automated systems using scripting languages such as Bash or Python.
- Expand capabilities, optimize efficiency and exceed client expectations by engineering and administrating Security Infrastructure.
- Provide guidance and direction on security flaws, how to exploit and remediate such flaws.
- Assess the effectiveness of the firms' cyber defense and response time.
- Participate in hands-on Attack Simulations and threat emulation activities regularly.
- Have a heavy involvement in threat management, vulnerability management, and Incident Response activities.
- Work effectively as a senior team member, providing hands-on support to clients, maintaining communication, and keeping senior management up to date on progress.
- Ensure that appropriate standards, best practices, workplace policies, and procedures are followed.
Required experience and skilled:
- Hands-on experience working in Unix/Linux environments and using commands & shell.
- Security expertise in one or more of the following: python, bash, C, C++, cryptography, reverse engineering, wireless networks, common web vulnerabilities (SQLi, XSS, CSRF), exploit development.
- Strong knowledge of the intelligence lifecycle and models, such as the Cyber Kill Chain and the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Knowledge of SIEM technologies, conducting threat hunting activities as well as monitoring and investigations.
- Secure architecture design.
- Experience of JIRA and Confluence.
- Security applications utilized for logging, packet capture, email, directory services, web, authentication, remote access, and encryption.
- Exposure and understanding of cyber threats in the cryptocurrency / financial sector (understanding of Blockchain and DeFi).
- Network security tools, including IDS/IPS, NAC, DLP, VPN, firewall management, audit, endpoint, anti-malware, database audit and monitoring.
This is an exciting opportunity for a well-versed Senior Information Security Engineer to join a leading prop-trading firm based out of Manhattan NYC. If you are the right fit for this opportunity, please apply and Akash Solankee from the Glocomms Cyber Security team will reach out to you directly.