Senior Development Engineer II
Our client is FAANG subsidiary. They are a provider of spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, with countless forms of premium audio content, including radio programs and audio versions of books and newspapers. The company provides service to consumers by allowing more than 15,000 hours of audio content to be accessed and downloaded from their website. The company has over $14M in Funding and is now seeking to hire a Senior Development Engineer II. If you are looking for the ownership of a start up with the stability of a large company, this is your perfect opportunity.
- Design, develop, and test software components for the largest creator and provider of audio-books in the world.
- Work on an agile engineering team while writing maintainable and scalable code for software components
- Have a part in influencing team decisions throughout multiple projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our customers
- Define a design, turn it into high quality code, and deliver it on schedule.
- Independently work on and clarify technical requirements, assessing development estimates and apply a broad range of design approaches
- Review code of other team members and provide constructive direction.
- Drive continuous improvement of software quality, customer experience, and maintainability of products/features.
- Mentor and lead junior developers regularly
- 5+ years of professional Backend experience in a company/production setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with Java
- Experience with Python, C++, or C#
- Experience with systems design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems * Experience writing clear, maintainable, and extensible code.
- Capability of working in a collaborative, team setting
Bonus Points If You…
- Have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
- Are experienced building and delivering software systems to internal or external customers.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, enabling effective messaging with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Hold a high-quality bar: documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment. Enthusiasm for instilling this attitude in others.
- Are adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership.
- Can make improvements to the team's development and testing processes overall
- Are able to establish good working relationships with peers.
- Can recognize opposing views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
- Able to mentor teammates on team software, team culture, and customer needs.
- Great health benefits
- Very competitive base salary
- Strong leadership
- Join a smaller team with high ownership while still enjoying the stability of a large company
- Join remotely OR on a hybrid model at one of their many locations, including... Cambridge, MA , Los Angeles, CA, or Newark. NJ.
If this position interests you, please don't wait to apply