A renewable energy start-up is seeking a talented Senior Data Scientist to join their growing team and help bring resilience and independence to energy customers. This will be achieved in-part by building out a robust and scalable Virtual Power Plant (VPP).
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Extracting, processing, and modeling energy market data
- Developing shot and long term forecasts for distributed energy resources and markets.
- Staying current in regulatory requirements and market trends
- Supporting the deployment of ML models
- Working closely with internal stakeholders regarding forecast methodology and analysis
- Degree in quantitative field (Master's or Ph.D. preferred)
- 5 or more years of experience in energy industry or energy market
- Experience with econometric or statistical forecasting and modeling
- Proficiency in statistical programming language (Python or R preferred)
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS Sagemaker preferred)
In addition to a competitive base salary, this role is 100% remote and includes additional technology stipends and unlimited PTO.
If you are looking to solve dynamic challenges and make your mark on an emerging technology, please apply today!