We have an opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer at a growing, close knit, multi-million dollar e-commerce company! The company is based in Jersey City with a fully remote option as well.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Operators, Merchants, Marketers, Department heads, etc. to define use cases, solutions, cross-functional projects, and priorities.
- Own end-to-end implementation for complex analytics solutions throughout the company, which could include reporting, simulations, custom tooling, and models.
- Maintain a holistic vision of the organization, its data, and its customers enough to recognize and even anticipate their data needs.
- Maintain and improve the reporting infrastructure (Looker) throughout the organization, maximizing its usability and adaptation throughout the organization.
- Define, build, and launch the solutions that make it all a reality.
- Gather, transform, clean, and secure data from many sophisticated, state-of-the-art sources and destinations.
- Identify how the data can and will be used once it's all built.
- Mentor and lead other members of the data team, including analysts and data scientists.
- Respectfully and energetically express your thoughts and data philosophy to non-technical SMEs, backing up clear reasoning behind all tool & infrastructure decisions/proposals.
What you'll bring:
- BA/B.Sc. in economics, industrial/information systems engineering, computer science, statistics, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering or full-stack quantitative analytics/data science roles.
- 3+ years of full-time work experience using SQL and Python in an analytics context.
- Experience with data pipelines, dimensional modeling, and dependency management.
- Experience working with data SaaS and BI tooling (Fivetran, Looker, dbt, etc.).
- Experience developing and managing a Looker instance.
- Experience automating data integration using APIs.
- Experience transforming open-ended objectives into well-defined requirements and delivering analytics solutions for multiple teams.
- Deep knowledge of analytics technologies, concepts, and frameworks.
- Curiosity and creativity, with sound judgment and a high degree of both integrity and empathy.
- Effective written and verbal communication of data-driven solutions across all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of mentorship, leadership, and ownership within teams and organizations.