New York City | Remote
My client is in the Health and Technology industry and they're looking for a Senior Cloud Security Engineer to work with the security team to architect, implement and manage various security measures, integrate new and support existing security applications, govern container security, define the security culture, and promote/recommend for security processes around CI/CD pipelines (such as Jenkins, Ansible and Terraform).
An innovative mind is highly encouraged as the client is always looking for fresh and new ideas and try to incorporate them. With a focus on results, not only are you an advisor but also an architect, designer, and engineer.
- Stop threats from cracking our infrastructure to get our data.
- Build incredible platforms to prevent and detect attacks and stop them in their tracks.
- Build the technology we really need to have a secure infrastructure.
- Keep up on the latest research and make sure the organization responds quickly.
- Evangelize security in the company. We care, show us how to do it better!
- Bachelors or master's degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or other related degrees
- 6+ years of security related experience
- Mastery with network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods
- Strong working knowledge in web application security
- Strong knowledge in the cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, ETC), specifically AWS.
- Strong scripting/automation experience with Python, Base, Go, etc.
- Understand the operation/function of cyber threats
- Have a moderate level of understanding regarding networking and operating systems internal knowledge
- Understand the intricacies within firewall security features and policies such as Palo Alto Wildfire, Threat Prevention, Global protect, etc.
Preferred Qualifications/Certifications (nice to have):
- CCSP - Certified Cloud Security Professional
- AWS Certified Security Specialty / Cloud practitioner
- Azure Certified
- Google Cloud Certified
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CISSMP - Certified Information Security Management Professional
- CCSK - Certified Cloud Security Knowledge
- CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
- Hackathons for all employee
- Professional development benefit which includes conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work life balance - flexible work hours and paid time off
- Generous parental leave (up to 16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up childcare
- Sponsored fitness class