In this position, a typical day could include creating and curating security alerts or detecting and tracking known vulnerabilities, but the responsibilities are broad. You will have the unique opportunity to focus on a wide range of projects while owning and strategically impacting all the global cyber security systems.
- Architect and run security detection and response program to safeguard the firms Data and IP from both internal and external threats.
- Hunt for, detect, and respond to malicious activity and anomalous events on enterprise devices and networks.
- Develop tools to automate this detection and automatically find and address future vulnerabilities
- Construct pipelines for data security and routinley clean and analyze the data for signs of vulnerability and compromise.
- Collaborate with end user support team on investigations, vulnerability scanning across endpoints, responding to end user issues, and responding to software approval requests.
- Create and maintain data loss prevention rules.
- 5+ years of experience in cyber security, with specific experience in security operations and vulnerability management.
- Experience with threat detection and threat hunting, especially in automating both!
- Python Scripting experience.
- Experience using log analysis platforms such as ELK and Splunk.
- Experience with Linux (Debian is a huge plus!)
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science
- Willingness to work a on call rotation.
This role is a hybrid role located in New York City or Boston