This position is in the Product Development Software team, responsible for the best in class automated distributed and wireless communication products. The Network Security Engineer will report to the Senior Manager of System & Software Architect, and work in an environment that is charted to refine requirements and improve architecture for intelligent embedded software devices, system applications, and overseeing communication subsystems. The Network Security Engineer (Cybersecurity) is mainly responsible for all activities, but not limited to, all activities carried out in supporting of maintain a secure computing environment for the team, vendors and customer.
- Define software requirements and architecture of secure products in line with S&C's secure product development requirements.
- Assist with and provide recommendations on implementing cyber security strategies, conducting reviews of existing technologies and systems cyber security implementation
- Analyze and track cyber security trends and emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with Cybersecurity Product Management, Software Engineering and Test teams on product and solutions roadmaps, engineering estimations, and tactical project execution related to product security
- Decompose marketing requirements into authored system level requirements and architectural artifacts
- Oversee and review the traceability from system level requirements and architectural abstractions to individual network element requirements and detailed architecture descriptions
- Lead in unique customer specific solutions
- Take a hands-on approach (down to the software code level as necessary) with the product implementations to define and deliver appropriate requirements and architectural solutions
- Collaborate with Engineering (hardware, electronic, software development & test) to deliver reliable, mission critical solutions and products
- Participate in and occasionally lead the frontend of the development process of a project through implementation of Product Development processes and monitoring adherence through various milestones gates
- Develop, document, and communicate relevant cyber security policies and procedures.
- Collaborate and lead continuous improvement efforts to ensure continuous quality and customer satisfaction improvement
- Ability to collaborate in a fast paced and dynamic work environment, as part of a self-sufficient independent contributor and potential project lead in a team of System and Product Architects
- Have a strong and proven leadership ability
Preferred Qualifications, but not limited to:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent, an MS or higher degree preferred
- 10+ years as a system or product level architect with 5+ years working in the cybersecurity
- Understanding of security architecture for infrastructure components as well as applications and data.
- Working knowledge of security protocols such as HTTPS, TLS, SSL, SSH, PKI, IPSEC, VPN and their interactions
- Working knowledge of Cloud and SAAS Cybersecurity
- Ability to run and configure cybersecurity testing tools like Dependency Track, Dependency Check and analyze the results.
- Strong understanding of NIST and NERC CIP cybersecurity framework
- Experienced in cybersecurity vulnerability monitoring and related tools
- Experience with real-time embedded software for intelligent devices and Windows application software development.
- Experience with proprietary and standards-based control system protocol design
- COTS software integration including third-party platforms and operating systems
- Internet Protocol v4,v6, Network routing implementations, Network protocols
- Linux, Android, and iOS operating systems is a PLUS
- Security Certifications CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CEH etc. are desirable
- Detail-oriented and logical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Up to 5% potential travel per year
Required Experience: This is a senior level position. Looking for a candidate that has experience with being on a Cybersecurity architect team of software engineers working with various products. Must be able to manage time efficiently while being able to have strong focus on the timelessness of meeting deadlines on product release with an unwavering compromise for having robust and quality focused on the development process. This position will be required to collaborate with other divisions of engineers to develop innovative process to automate and expand the software process with a goal to overall improve product quality and make processes more efficient.