We are looking for a Network Engineer to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. Diagnose and resolve any hardware, software, or connectivity problem with minimum delay. The ideal candidate will be able to configure, maintain and monitor Fortinet Firewalls, Cisco Switches, and all other active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
- 5+ years of recent network administration experience in a medium-sized multi-location environment (200+ users).
- Must have high level of understanding of a variety of networking equipment, including Fortinet firewalls, Cisco switches and layer 3 switches.
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies and WAN communications including TCP/IP (routing and subnetting), QoS, BGP, OSPF IPSec, etc…
- Experience with network monitoring tools
- Experience with MPLS, BGP, OSPF
- Experience with WAN Acceleration products -Riverbed Steelhead
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- CCNA Certification or equivalent in experience preferred.
- Fortinet NSE Certification or equivalent in experience preferred.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Utilise ticket tracking system to follow, solve and document all support incidents.
- Creates and maintains, detailed and complete, Helpdesk documentation
- Reporting of metrics and KPIs for the Helpdesk.
- Identify opportunities for automation, and assist with the development of automation systems to address those opportunities.
- Attempt to resolve as many problem calls or service requests as possible on initial contact and communicate with the requesters the status of the requests and/or give feedback.
- Be an active player within network strategical projects or major changes (e.g. SD WAN deployment).
- Collaborate with other team members to solve complex problems and ensure continuity of the business.
- Replace and maintain existing network infrastructure (LAN/WAN/WIFI).
- Maintain and monitor all virtual private networks for staff and backup site connectivity.
- Carry out maintenance on infrastructure.
- Work closely with System Administrators to provide support for back-end communication within the network in both the Data Center and local offices.
- Create and maintain network diagrams and documentation.
- Ensure adherence to company's I.T. policies and procedures.
- Escalate problems/tasks to the appropriate parties in accordance with established procedures (level 1, 2 and 3).
- Detect problem patterns and recommend solutions.
- Install, exchange and repair IT Network Devices
- Provide assistance during major projects -
- Perform tasks related to service needs, including equipment replacement, equipment installation/de-installation, software installation, LAN connections, returns to stock, site surveys, etc.
- Maintain, upgrade or enhance existing backup/restore support infrastructure;
- Assist in maintaining the documentation of backup and restore systems pertinent to operations and system administration.