I am currently representing a Global Systems Integrator in the Heart of Bern who have a requirement for a Network Security Architect.
The role will be focusing on Cloud/SDN and traditional environments for LAN, WAN, WLAN, security, Internet access and vitalisation technologies. With the opportunity to use your skills and experience across the suite of network solutions we operate on behalf of our customers, evolving from traditional to software defined network environments.
The Architect will work with Clients and service line counterparts on consultation and up-sell opportunities using a broad portfolio to evolve Client environments to meet current and future needs. This will include solution architecture proposals, pricing, high- and low-level design, and working with project managers for planning and deployment projects for changes to existing services and deployment of new services.
The position requires communication with customers, account management teams, service line representatives, project managers, and a local team of network engineers.
You will be working with larger end customers of a Fortune 500 global IT giant. The company you will be on-site with has a global presence and is one of the most renowned IT companies in the world.
- Focused on new solutions, service enhancements and evaluations, roadmaps, customer projects, requiring considerations from application teams, security team and IT infrastructure service lines.
- Trusted advisor, consultation and making use of our service portfolio to advise customers on evaluations of their network and network related services
- Network solution proposals, costing, high- and low-level designs, supporting PMs in driving implementation by network engineers
- Maintain and evolve technical expertise in all areas of network and network security, as well as evolving and enhancing skills in software defined networking, cloud-based and vitalised environments, including network automation
- 5+ Years of directly related professional work experience with networks / network security
- Experience in concepts and deployment of Cloud, Virtualized and Automated network environments
- Strong presentation and influence skills, inter-working and able to quickly and efficiently provide solution proposals and associated pricing proposals
- Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent is preferred
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- English and German speaking
- Cisco, HPN or Arista networking knowledge and engineering experience
- Checkpoint, Palo Alto and/or Juniper Firewall knowledge and engineering experience
- Bluecoat proxy Internet infrastructure
- F5 LTM, APM and ASM engineering experience
- Network automation via vendor APIs
- Experience in network automation, SDN and self-development in related areas
- Any Cisco, Arista, Checkpoint, Palo Alto or F5 Certificate is advantage.