Senior Information Security Engineer
Location: Montreal, Canada (Hybrid/on-site 2-3 days per week)
Salary: Competitive base + bonus
Glocomms are partnered with a globally leading high-frequency trading firm with a 'security-first' mindset in the search for an experienced Senior Information Security Engineer to join a highly technical team of Security Engineers and Analysts, focusing on preventing cyber intrusions and attacks whilst identifying opportunities to further develop the existing security posture.
- Identify security exposure by developing/Implementing automated systems using scripting languages such as Bash or Python.
- Expand capabilities, optimize efficiency and exceed client expectations by engineering and administrating Security Infrastructure.
- Provide guidance and direction on security flaws, how to exploit and remediate such flaws.
- Assess the effectiveness of the firms cyber defense and response time.
- Participate in hands-on Attack Simulations and threat emulation activities regularly.
- Have a heavy involvement in threat management, vulnerability management, and Incident Response activities.
- Work effectively as a senior team member, providing hands-on support to clients, maintaining communication, and keeping senior management up to date on progress.
- Ensure that appropriate standards, best practices, workplace policies, and procedures are followed.
Required experience and skilled:
- Hands-on experience working in Unix/Linux environments and using commands & shell.
- Security expertise in one or more of the following: python, bash, C, C++, cryptography, reverse engineering, wireless networks, common web vulnerabilities (SQLi, XSS, CSRF), exploit development.
- Strong knowledge of the intelligence lifecycle and models, such as the Cyber Kill Chain and the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Knowledge of SIEM technologies, conducting threat hunting activities as well as monitoring and investigations.
- Secure architecture design.
- Experience of JIRA and Confluence.
- Security applications utilized for logging, packet capture, email, directory services, web, authentication, remote access, and encryption.
- Exposure and understanding of cyber threats in the cryptocurrency/financial sector (understanding of Blockchain and DeFi).
- Network security tools, including IDS/IPS, NAC, DLP, VPN, firewall management, audit, endpoint, anti-malware, database audit and monitoring.
This is an exciting opportunity for a well-versed Senior Information Security Engineer to join a leading prop-trading firm. If you are the right fit for this opportunity, please apply and Akash Solankee from the Glocomms Cyber Security team will reach out to you directly.