Incident Response Analyst
New York City, New York - Hybrid (3 days on-site)
$110,000 - $144,000 base + bonus & benefits
Glocomms are partnered with a national Financial Services firm in the search for an Incident Response Analyst to join the security team on a full-time permanent basis, based here in the heart of New York City. The position will focus on utilizing various security tools and systems to investigate incidents in order to protect the companies' data and assets. You will find yourself using InfoSec tools that support forensics and IR such as Threat Intelligence, SIEM, DLP, NetFlow, and File Integrity Monitoring by implementing use cases for detection/remediation.
- Conduct thorough investigations on security events following the IR process and provide reports to senior management.
- Provide support to the threat intelligence processing and utilize the threat library utilizing sources such as DHS and Financial Services Information Sharing & Analysis Center,
- Conduct threat research on intelligence channels to act out proactive investigations with tools such as SIEM, NetFlow, EDR, etc. to discover suspicious/malicious activity and compromise.
- Perform forensic investigations and log analysis whilst working with senior tech leadership and provide technical consulting support in order to manage audit points and ensuing appropriate compliance is in place.
- Keep up to date on InfoSec industry events, threats, trends, mitigation, and report finding to management.
- Respond to threats/breaches, escalate when needed, and support the SDLC process.
- Be prepared to response to security alerts outside of peak hours.
- Evaluate and install new security products/tools.
- 2+ years of experience in an Information Security environment working on Incident Response, Threat Hunting, or Forensics.
- Strong understanding of threat actor/groups TTPs.
- Background in financial services.
- Ability to program in python for automation is a huge plus!
- Good understanding of basic network concepts and general IT infrastructure.
This is an exciting greenfield opportunity to join a well-established financial services firm with multiple US locations. If you are interested in this position, please apply and Akash Solankee from the Glocomms Cyber Security Recruitment Team will reach out to you directly. Please note, we are unable to sponsor any visa for this opportunity.