- Manage and oversee a team of skilled engineers. This involves developing team and individual goals, writing reviews, managing the promotion process.
- Create growth ladders for engineers to continue their development
- Motivate and energize engineers to engage proactively with product and the broader business
- Implement engineering best practices to maximize engineering efficiency
- Manage the interfaces between other departments (e.g., product & finance, sales, marketing) to identify ways to maximize engineering contribution
- Proven people management skills to lead the engineering team
- Excellent communicator, both with engineers and with cross-departmental stakeholders
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, communicate progress and manage expectations. Develop road-maps, quarterly plans and deliver them reliably
- Optimistic problem solver. Someone who embodies high energy, positive thinking, and a "figure it out" mentality.
- Intelligence, creative systems thinker with an incredible mind for understanding how to build organizations and create the most value from them.
- We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
- The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.