Head of Data Science
+3,000 leading German company, Cologne Region
Salary: €90,000 - €150,000 plus lots of benefits!
Interested in being part of an international award-winning innovative company in the heart of Cologne? Looking to report directly to the C-Suite?
Currently 23 members in the Data Science Team and looking to expand rapidly, they have recently decided to invest massively in the Advanced Analytics department to work on the real big data.
Through this they are now expanding the team with the best Senior Data Scientist who are passionate to working with the newest technologies in the market.
Also they are looking for a senior experienced data scientist to manage the team and help building the department.
What are the Responsibilities?
* Manage the current team of Data Scientists and managing key clients and data projects.
* Solving complex time series data science problems using the firm's innovative data product.
* Building a trusted relationship with the team and build extend the team through new hires.
* Building complex AI solutions and ability to take decisions and give clarity to team members.
* Reporting directly to the C- level Manager and staying abreast of the latest data science techniques.
What do I need?
* A master's degree (PhD preferred) in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
* 5+ years of business experience in a data science role with management responsibilities.
* Strong communication skills and experience with building new teams.
* Being able to be the bridge between the technical team and the management.
* Hands-on experience building and implementing time-series predictive models using modern machine learning algorithms.
* Flexible working hours within a global company in different countries.
* Unique international department culture with organized events such as free lunch and a great work space in the heart of Cologne.
* Chance to head the Global Data Science team of a leading German company.
* Paid education/trainings and travel to relevant conferences, nationally and internationally to stay up to date with the market.
If you are interested in discussing this role in a little more detail - please get in touch with us at Even if you are not actively looking at this time but interested in other opportunities we may have, please reach out.
Head of Data Science