As a Gameplay Engineer, you're joining as one of the primary members to help architect and implement our products that will connect the real-world with its virtual twin and create a real-time shared connection for different types of gameplay and social connection.
In this role you will…
- Architect and create a multiplayer game system within an immersive mirror world, balancing immediate needs with long-term scalability
- Work collaboratively with technical and non-technical members of multiple disciplines to effectively communicate requirements and translate them into technical designs
- Build out prototypes and proofs of concepts for game design and interactive elements of the worlds that will be implemented into live products
- Ensure quality code is delivered and maintained through high standards, continuous integration, development, and testing.
- Identifying and championing best practices within your specialist domain, owning problems which you will be able to identify and fix proactively
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, UI/UX designers and external teams to design, build and extend application features and provide solutions to optimize performance, scalability, security protocols, analytics integration
- A passion for playing, creating or understanding interactive gameplay
- Strong practical knowledge of C++ and understanding of 3D maths principles
- Hands-on experience building gameplay elements within with Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, being able to work cross-functionally with various different teams and phases of development from game design
- Professional experience implementing gameplay features from inception to delivery
- Clear understanding of software development best practices.
- Experience working in an agile environment
You'd be a star if you are passionate about…
- Experience with XR, specifically ARKIT
- Experience developing live-service content, specifically on mobile platforms
- Experience with other game engines such as Unity, NVIDIA Omniverse or Frostbite
- Competitive Salary; Not dependent on region and including stock option equity packages
- Excellent Medical Coverage; Including Dental and Vision
- Unlimited PTO; We truly believe in work-life balance and that hard work should be balanced with time for rest and rejuvenation
- 100% Remote; The team is distributed all over the US and Europe.
- A close-knit and collaborative early-stage startup culture