Director of IT Security Operations
Location: United Kingdom
Glocomms have partnered with a globally leading Financial Services firm that is critical to the US Economy in the search for a Director of IT Security Operations. The ideal candidate should have experience running large-scale improvement project around improving overall security posture, response times to incidents, and most importantly, managing other managers.
This is a People Leader position where you will have Security Engineers, Product Managers, and Team Leads/Functional Managers reporting directly into you.
Please see further responsibilities below:
- Oversee multiple teams within Security Operations & Engineering and influence the delivery and direction of the Security Operations division.
- Proactively identify gaps and vulnerabilities in the existing security posture, as well as processes and procedures, in order to enforce stronger tactics to achieve excellence.
- Have a heavy hand in backlog management, iteration planning, as well as indulging in agile ceremonies with multiple Scrum Masters across IT/Security.
- Spearhead the talent growth of the team by bringing in new resources, whilst assist your team member to further develop their capabilities in order to grow the overall capabilities or your team.
- Identify new technology to bring into the business, achieving the relevant licensing required, and rolling out into the production space.
- Act as the conduit between the leaders you manage and the senior stakeholders across the organization.
Please see key qualifications below:
- Experience managing teams and leaders within the tech space - be a strong people and directional leader.
- Extensive Information Security experience in most of the following Operations Security spheres: Network Security, Cloud Security, Endpoint Security, IAM/PAM, SIEM, SOAR, DLP, PKI/Certificate Management, Risk and Vulnerability Management etc.
- Strong technical background in Cyber Security engineering, design, implementation, documentation etc.
- Deep understanding of Network Infrastructure (TCP/IT, DNT, HTTPS, HTTP, DNS, Firewalls, Proxies etc.
- Knowledge and experience implementing security policies and standards.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cybersecurity leader to join a large, well-established, financial services firm that is critical to the UK Economy, and assist in spearheading its growth whilst strengthening it security posture, protecting assets and data, and mentoring individuals to grow in their career. If you are the right fit for the opportunity, please apply and Harry Moore from the Glocomms Cyber Security Team will reach out to you directly.