My client is luxury electric vehicle manufacturer based in Southern California, with over $100M in funding looking for a Cloud Software Architect. They are widely recognized for pioneering soul-stirring luxury electric vehicles and cultivated an environment as a high-tech incubator that offers innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging technologies.
The Cloud Software Architect is responsible for the design solutions for AWS cloud native applications and future public clouds with global deployments. The role will be responsible for driving and contributing to Over the Air protocols and will be responsible for successfully designing and managing the continuous delivery/deployment of cloud solutions and technologies.
- Defining the overall architecture of the cloud applications
- Design overall solutions and individual applications for cloud deployment
- Design/propose efficient database structures
- Drive and contribute to OTA (Over-the-Air) protocols, based on transport mechanisms such as HTTP/REST, MQTT, SMS etc. and appropriate serializing protocols; JSON, XML, ASN.1 etc.
- Defining the technical requirements for implementation of cloud solutions (SAAS)
- Discussing technical aspects of cloud applications solution architecture, including technology used, and methodology followed, with stakeholders, internally connected systems and external partners (operational and services)
- Preparing technical solution and architecture documents, requirements, artifacts, work products and presentations
- Responsible for successfully designing and managing the (continuous) delivery/deployment of cloud solutions and technologies
- Lead and mentor development teams (internal and external)
- Work closely with Project Managers, Data Scientists, QA and Design/UX teams
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent, master's degree or equivalent in field experience preferred
- Expertise in AWS
- Proven ability to design, optimize and integrate business processes across disparate systems and cloud technologies
- Experience with cloud analytics
- Experience with Java, C/C++ /C#, Python, SQL, Angular/JS, OpenAPI/Swagger
- Strong competence in Agile/DevOps methodologies with CI/CD tool-chains
- Experienced in designing and developing with web-services and external APIs
- Understanding various non-functional aspects in cloud application design and provide solutions to optimize performance, scalability etc.
- Experience with automotive, telematics, transportation or mobility applications required.
- Experience with Over-the-air protocols for automotive, fleet management & IoT required.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems and Environmental Management Systems