Blockchain Security Engineer
Tier 1 Investment Bank
Compensation: $180,000 - $220,000 base + 40% bonus
- Assess blockchain solutions
- Review source code and architecture of blockchain implementations
- Develop threat models against for secure code, designs, and infrastructures
- Utilize Infrastructure management tooling (Puppet, Chef, TF, Ansible) for consistent hardening configurations such as CIS benchmarks across cloud and on-prem infrastructure.
- Identify areas of interest for further research and development
- Review Smart Contracts for security flaws and gaps
- Develop a third party vendor review process for risk assessment and decision making.
- Review smart contracts for the top decentralized applications before they get launched and present findings and vulnerabilities that the protocol can have to the client.
- Contribute to our internal security tools and create new ones that help for improving the security services by following good engineering practices.
- Proven experience in blockchain
- Bachelors degree or Masters Degree (preferred) in Computer Science, or other related discipline (Math is strong plus)
- 5+ years of experience in software development, solution architecture
- Strong knowledge of programming languages in C/C++, Rust, Python, or Go
- Familiarity with blockchain smart contract languages and common security weaknesses
- Strong understanding of security concepts and secure architectures
- Experience architecting blockchain solutions on multiple platforms
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Passionate about Cryptocurrency/Defi/Blockchain
- Hands-on and practical experience in one or more of the following areas: software development, cyber security, mathematics.
- Experience with public Ethereum, EVM, Solano or other Blockchain Technologies.
- Knowledge in the Solidity programming language.
- Intellectual curiosity and the capability to learn complex topics