We currently have a requirement for a Backend Engineer to join a large government organisation based in The Hague, Netherlands on a contract from March 2020 to June 2020.
- Help build the Open search platform (OZP) of the national digital library and to manage it on the basis of DevOps. The OZP ensures that bibliographic metadata from both physical and digital collections are stored, enriched and made searchable via an API in a standardized way.
- The OZP is the platform that makes all physical and digital collections of publicly funded libraries findable. In addition, the OZP enriches these collections with lots of relevant data through linked data.
- Working in the IT Development team with 20 driven software engineers
- You work in a multidisciplinary scrum team that realizes and manages the OZP
- Point of contact for the operation, but is also working on the further development of the system
Key Skills Required:
- Thorough experience with development in Python, Java and GIT.
- Knowledge of and experience with operational management of Linux and applications and knowledge of Terraform and Ansible is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with Lucene and with the OAI-PMH harvesting protocol is an advantage.
- Good analytical skills, pragmatic, solution and result oriented, proactive, creative.
- Experience with working within an Agile environment (Scrum) and you are a team player.
- Business and technical communication skills, in Dutch and English.
- You are periodically on standby outside office hours