Fully Remote (United States)
Glocomms is partnered with a household name in retail technology in the search for a skilled Application Security Architect. The client is recognized worldwide for their revolutionary impact on the consumer experience. As such, this position has high impact potential and should serve as an advocate for a "security-first" culture within the greater organization.
- Spearhead a comprehensive application security roadmap, working closely with security, devops, and IT architecture teams to ensure efficient implementation
- Evaluate application security controls and make recommendations for improvements in alignment with standard architecture and InfoSec frameworks (ie. NIST, ISO)
- Lead and perform threat modelling, architecture & code reviews, and Proof-of-Concept testing for new and existing appsec tool integrations
- Analyze security posture and identify gaps in existing programming, overseeing appropriate remediation efforts
- Serve as an advocate for a strong security culture within technology teams and the larger organization; stay abreast of industry developments and present findings to internal teams and external industry stakeholders
- Mentor junior members of the application security team
- Minimum 7+ years in related security role, previous architecture and/or security strategy experience preferred
- Subject Matter Expertise in application security and the development of a secure automated CI/CD pipeline. Prior experience spearheading "shift-left" initiatives a plus
- Hands-on experience with ethical hacking or vulnerability assessment tools including scanners, fuzzers, debuggers, Web App pentesting
- Working familiarity with broader cybersecurity areas including network security, cloud security, perimeter security, etc.
- Strong understanding of relevant security frameworks (NIST, ISO)
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field preferred, relevant certifications a plus (CISSP, CEH, etc.)
This is an actively interviewing role with a high potential for internal growth and career development. This position can be offered 100% remote, but will require quarterly (<10%) travel to either Tampa, FL or Philadelphia, PA. The client is unfortunately unable to consider candidates based in California or Minnesota at this time.
Urgent hire - apply immediately!